These gluten-free & dairy-free pancakes tastes great simply with honey or maple syrup. You can also make this egg-free by omitting the egg… so altogether this can be a vegan gluten-free breakfast treat!
Brown Rice & Millet Pancakes (Blender-style & Soaked)
- 1 1/2 cups water w/ 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup millet & 1 cup brown rice (or about 2 1/4 cup flour total)Combine the ingredients above in your blender and blend for 3 minutes if using whole grains or 1 minute if using flour (if you are using flour, you might just want to mix it in a bowl). Cover and allow to sit for 12-24 hours.In the morning, add the following ingredients and blend for a minute more.
- 1 egg (optional, instead use additional liquid… just enough to begin the swirl)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. freshly ground flaxseed (optional)Prepare the pancakes on a warmed, lightly greased cast-iron griddle. This recipe makes about 15 or more pancakes.