Blackberry Mango Ginger Muffins
- 3 cups spelt or whole wheat flour
- 2 cups kefir, buttermilk, yogurt or water w/ 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Chopped mango, fresh or frozen
- Blackberries. fresh or frozenSoak Flour in cultured dairy in a warm place for 12 to 24 hours. Muffins will rise better if soaked for 24 hours. Blend in the rest of the ingredients. Pour into well-oiled muffin tins (I used individual glass custard cups), filling it about 3/4s full. Add a couple blackberries and mangos in each cup. Press down lightly till partially covered. Bake at 325 F for about 1 hour or til toothpick comes out clean.
Creamy Honey Cheese1 cup homemade cream cheese or store bought cream cheese3-8 Tbsp. raw honeypinch of sea salt (optional)Whip together the cheese, honey & sea salt in a food processor or blender. Store in an air-tight container.