This past Sunday, July 21st, marked the 6 years of marriage to my fabulous hubby. Every day, week and month I am amazed how God crafted us together so perfectly. We have been through many good times, but we also had our trials and hardships that have only made us stronger now. Looking back, I would not change a thing! God used the past 6 years to make us who we are now. He is so faithful to provide our needs spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally as married couple and individually. What can I say? God is awesome and is our Jehovah Jireh!
Let me share what the past 6 years of our life looked like, we have:
- Lived in USA, Baja California and currently live in Costa Rica
- Moved 8 times (5 times the first year living in Costa Rica)
- Created two amazing girls and both birthed on Labor Day (two years apart)
- Changed our diets radically to organic, nourishing and wholesome food
- Grown to love, appreciate and adore each other more now than 6 years ago!
Let me share the things I adore about my hubby:
I love, appreciate and ADORE…
- how he loves Jesus.
- his gift of music and worship.
- listening to him play his djembe and guitar.
- his interaction with his girls.
- that he is my personal secretary (making phone calls, etc)
- how he loves to play soccer with Naomi (in the house!).
- how he leads our family with confidence.
- that he enjoys eating nourishing foods (kraut, kefir, etc).
- how he treats Naomi like a person.
- how he cares about being a good Daddy.
- that he is a nature-loving outdoors man.
- his love of music
- how he keeps me accountable as a wife and mommy.
- that he enjoys finding deals and going thrift shopping with me.
- feeling his warm body next me when we fall asleep.
- how he is so tender and sweet.
- that he is so handsome!
- his goofiness and how he enjoys being silly.
- that he is mine!
Above all that I cherish the fact that he LOVES ME! Thank you, Jon, for being the God-fearing, loving and patience husband I need… I look forward to spending at least 50 more years with you! LOL!
Below are panoramics and pictures of us relaxing, swimming and hiking for our 6th anniversary in La Fortuna, Costa Rica. The town is famous for its very active volcano and night lava show, Volcano Arenal. Jon surprised me and I couldn’t thank him enough for bringing me there for a romancing get-away. We stayed at this wonderful place called “Hotel el Silencio del Campo” and they had a beautiful hot spring pool. I can’t even begin to describe how good it felt to soak in it. We did hot and cold therapy a few times… we would go under the waterfall (very hot!), get out, take a COLD shower and then go back into the hot spring. It felt so great and rejuvenating! The next day we soaked some more in the hot spring, went to the National Park where the volcano sits and hiked as close as we were allowed. It is rainy season right now and the top was constantly covered with clouds, but God opened it up like a curtain for us and we were able to get some great shots! The volcano looks so powerful and mysterious. Jon could hear the volcano rumbling and moving… pretty amazing. Enjoy our photos and click on the panoramic pictures to see in bigger size!
Yes Mare, You are truly blessed. It looks like you guys had a great time for your anniversary. I love your adventurous spirit 😉
By the way… I love the ring pop picture… you guys ar so cute.