1 butternut squash
1 large apple, chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut the flesh in the center along the neck, enough to make a ditch to put the stuffing in. Chop up the flesh that has been cut out.
- In a medium bowl, mix together apples, butternut squash, cinnamon, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Put the butternut squash in a pan, facing up and divide the apple/butternut mixture between the 2 halves.
- In a small bowl, mixed together nuts, dried fruit, butter, maple syrup, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Put the crumble topping over the apple/butternut mixture.
- Cover the pan with parchment paper or foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes… uncover, scoop up any juice and drizzle over the squash and bake, uncovered, for another 20 minutes or until the flesh of the butternut squash is soft.
Enjoy it hot as it is or serve some homemade ice cream alongside it. I’m sure the Horchata Ice Cream would be fantastic with this!
Looking for more butternut squash recipes? See below!
Round-up of Wholesome Butternut Squash Recipes
Here’s what I have found so far among my real food blogging friends, but I plan to update this list in the years to come. Enjoy!
- Butternut Ice Cream from Stacy Makes Cents
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup From Red and Honey
- Apple, Raisin & Butternut Squash Spiced Chutney from Keeper of the Home
- Lacto-fermented Mango, Peanut Butter & Chutney Spiced Smoothie from My Humble Kitchen
- Butternut Apple Bake from Stacy Makes Cents
- Butternut Squash Fries from The Nourishing Gourmet
- Butternut Squash Smoothie from Amazing Grace Farms
- Crock Pot Morrocan Chicken Stew from Stacy Makes Cents
- Butternut Squash Bisque from Smithspiration
- Crock Pot Butternut Applesauce from Stacy Makes Cents
- Spiced Butternut Squash & Chicken from For the Family
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from The Nourishing Gourmet
- Garlicky Baked Butternut Squash from Whole Intentions
- Bacon & Butternut Squash Risotto from Modern Alternative Kitchen
Do you have a favorite recipe with butternut squash? Please share in the comments below!