- 2 quarts chicken or beef stock or combination of water and stock
- 1 cup tomato paste or 3 cups tomato sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 red or green sweet bell peppers
- 1 – 2 lbs ground beef or chicken
- 1/2 – 1 cup lime juice (depends on how much tang you want)
- Fresh or dried oregano, rosemary & thyme
- Sea salt & pepper
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
Lightly brown beef or chicken, make sure there is still some pink. If you brown it too much it will taste “dry” in the soup.
Bring stock to a boil with tomato paste/sauce. Stir in meat, garlic, chili flakes, zucchini, carrots, onions & bell peppers. Simmer for about 15-30 minutes or till veggies are tender, but still slightly crunchy.
Add in lime juice and season to taste with oregano, rosemary, thyme, sea salt & pepper. Serve with garnishes.