Today I am sharing a guest post from Kristen at Smithspirations, a new friend and fellow Jesus-loving mama blogger. I am looking forward to trying this recipe out with my new mug… sounds so good! Thank you Kristen!
Creamy Pumpkin Pie Warmer
- 4 cups whole milk, preferably raw (coconut milk could be substituted if dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (other sweet winter squash puree can be substituted)
- 1 generous tablespoon coconut cream concentrate (I get mine from Tropical Traditions)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger and nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 4-8 cinnamon sticks
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan and heat gently over medium-low heat, stirring with a whisk. You want to gently warm the milk without scalding or simmering it. *Note* If using a homemade pumpkin/squash puree, consider running it through the blender with some of the milk first to make sure that there are no chunks of pumpkin left in the finished drink. Using an immersion blender while heating would also work.
- Pour out the drink into mugs. This amount will serve 4 large mugs, 6 medium, or 8 small. Place a cinnamon stick into each mug for stirring and enjoy!