I love avocados.
They are creamy. Rich in good fats. A great snack and there is so much you can make with avocados!
Remember, avocado is a fruit. So, technically it should be used like a fruit to make sweet stuff like Aquacate del Chocolate (diary-free chocolate pudding), Lime Mousse, smoothies and ice cream, but it is great for savory things like Avocado Gazpacho too!
I’ve made them several times and everyone loves them! Really, they are super easy to make and SO refreshing!
Summer is holding on for a little while longer so it is best to enjoy it with some tanglicious lime creamsicles while you can!!
- 1 cup water
- ¼ - ⅓ cup honey
- 3 ripe avocados
- 4 - 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- zest of one lime
- pinch of sea salt
- Add in water, ⅓ cup of honey and avocados into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add in ⅛ cup of fresh lime juice and sea salt. Puree until just combined.
- Taste the mixture and add in more honey and/or lime juice until it is to your liking.
- Scoop into popsicle molds or cups with sticks. Freeze until solid (about 5 hours).
Enjoy your warm weather. For the past 2 weeks, my kids have been wearing hats and mitts to wait for the bus–but they come home in shorts! (Ah, the life in Ontario, Canada!)
Going to try these even if it’s cold! 🙂
Marillyn Beard says
Hello Tasha! Yes, who says you can only have cold treats in the summer time?? HA! Hope you enjoy them 🙂
Krystal Wight Armstrong says
I am looking for a nice popsicle mold, and remembering this delicious-looking post from a while back, I thought I’d see if you suggest one on your blog, as I’d like to make sure it’s a safe/natural material. maybe a metal one?
I don’t see it on your blog when using the search bar, but can you suggest what you use, or another option?